A new Android 4.4.4 KitKat C-RoM Custom Firmware has been made available to Samsung's 2012 flagship smartphone Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 (international 3G variant). According to Team Android, the custom firmware (C-RoM) is based on v4.4.4 Android KitKat and comes with loads of customization options like:
- Dark C-RoM themes
- Gesture control support
- Animation controls
- App bar
- Floating windows
- Implement app side-bar
- Lock-screen notifications
- Performance tweaks and many more improvements to enhance user-experience
Prerequisites (things to remember before installing Custom ROM in to the device)
- Though installing custom ROM improve the device's performance and UI experiences, it makes the company warranty void and they will no longer be liable to provide updates in future [users can restore warranty by flashing the device with stock-ROM].
- This custom firmware (C-RoM) has to be installed on the Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 (International 3G variant) only; if tried on other devices, it might get bricked [To check your device model: Go to Settings >> About phone >> model number]
- Installation of custom ROM requires clearing of whole data in the smartphone, so make sure to back all the data by installing Clockwork Mod (CWM) Recovery/ TWRP in the smartphone.
- Users make sure they have installed USB drivers on the PC, or else your phone (Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300) smartphone will not be recognized by the computer.
- Make sure your device has more than 80 percent battery, or else there is chance of smartphone getting temporarily bricked if the installation process is interrupted.
Read more at International Business Times