Sony Mobile announced a new affordable Xperia smartphone, the Xperia E. This new device from Sony runs Android OS, v4.1 (Jelly Bean) and it is said to be powered by a 1 GHz Cortex-A5 CPU. It will be available in both single and dual SIM versions from Q1 2013.
Xperia E is a compact and budget smartphone that is aimed at simplicity. It is available in black, white and pink and features HD Voice quality that makes phone calls crystal clear. It also has noise cancellation that filters out background noise so users can hold conversations in any environment.
Xperia E has also been designed to let consumers stay on top of cost and battery drain. The data usage application monitors how much is being spent and the extended standby mode increases the standby up to 4 times. When the screen is in sleep mode for a while, Wi-Fi and data traffic are disabled and most applications will be inactive to preserve battery life (calling and messaging will continue to work as normal, though). Once you touch the screen to wake the device up from standby, all functions are restored.
- CPU: 1 GHz Cortex-A5
- Operating System: Android OS, v4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- HSDPA 900 / 2100 - C1505
- Type: TFT capacitive touchscreen, 256K colors
- Size: 320 x 480 pixels, 3.5 inches (~165 ppi pixel density)
- Size: 113.5 x 61.8 x 11 mm (4.47 x 2.43 x 0.43 in)
- Weight: 115.7 g (4.06 oz)
- Wireless LAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot
- Bluetooth: Yes, v2.1, EDR
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS support
- USB: Yes, microUSB v2.0
- Internal: 4 GB (2 GB user available), 512 MB RAM
- Expansion: microSD, up to 32 GB
- Photo: 3.15 MP, 2048x1536 pixels
- Front facing camera: No
- Video: Yes, FWVGA
- Standard battery, Li-Ion 1530 mAh
- Stand-by time: Up to 530 h (2G) / Up to 530 h (3G)
- Talk time: Up to 6 h 12 min (2G) / Up to 6 h 18 min (3G)
Source: Sony Mobile