We are all pretty sure that Nokia will introduce new WP devices in Nokia World 2012, on September the 25th, dressed with the new mobile OS version from Redmon. It is also possible that they are introduced earlier, at the Nokia Microsoft Press Conference on September 5.
Rumors are pointing to new three handsets in the Lumia family: The code-named Nokia Phi, Arrow and Atlas (until marketing rename them to more bland names).
The new Phi device is supposed to be the new flagship device from Nokia, while Arrow and Atlas would stay on the mid-range Nokia offering. Nokia Innovation went even further and detailed the Nokia Phi specifications from an unconfirmed source:
- Same curved display as the Lumia 800 only bigger (it is not confirmed but it might be up to 4.7 inches), hence it will be thicker and heavier than the Lumia 800
- Same form factor. That is, polycarbonate unibody with sealed battery (like the Lumia 800)
- No physical buttons on the front face
- 4 physical buttons on the right: up/down volume keys, power button and camera shutter
- Will run on a Qualcomm Dual Core CPU (first Nokia Dual Core WP phone)
- External SD card slot and NFC chip on board
- LTE enabled
In my opinion, the Nokia Phi looks gorgeous, with this very thin bezel.. one step further current Lumias in terms of industrial design. We will soon know if those rumors become true during the Nokia presentation in September.
Via: Nokia Innovation, WP Sauce
Source The Verge, WPDang