The Android 4.1 Jelly Bean upgrade is rolling out in phases to owners of the Motorola Droid RAZR and Droid RAZR MAXX smartphones. A part from the butterly smooth operation, the Jelly Bean update offers some hot new features. Following is an overview of the enhancements:
- Google Now: You’ll know about the sudden thunderstorm warning as you’re getting dressed in the morning (pack your umbrella) and the accident that’s backing up the freeway (maybe you should take the train) and the score from last night’s game. The best part? All notifications are generated automatically and in real-time, before you even have to ask.
- Voice Search: Sometimes you don’t have time to search for information, or even the time to type in a search. Now you can just speak your question directly into your phone: “When is the next train?”, “Where can I find a good Italian restaurant?” Your phone will speak back the answer, or run a quick search to get you the info you need.
- Android Beam & NFC: Easily share photos, videos, contacts, web pages, directions, apps, and more with a single touch and tap. Near field communication (NFC) technology and Android Beam make it possible.
- Media Gallery: The improved gallery makes viewing, sharing, and managing photos easier. Images are organized by album, which you can scroll through by swiping. Select any image to share it, or zoom out to filmstrip mode where deleting a photo is as simple as swiping up or down. It's the gallery you've been waiting for.
- Improved Camera: Whether you're goofing off with friends, chronicling a family adventure or enjoying a priceless moment, all your precious memories should be captured looking their best. Building on the new features of Android 4.1, we enhanced the contrast and enriched the details so all your images turn out better. So what are you waiting for? Start snapping!
- Expanded Notifications: Your phone already tells you when there’s something new to do. Now you can take action directly from those notifications. When you get a reminder for a meeting, tap once to snooze or to email the team that you’re running late. Missed a call? Call or text right back directly from the notification.
Yo should pay a visit to the Motorola Android Upgrade Schedule to know when the update is planned depending on your country and carrier. If you have a different Motorola handset, click here to check if your device is getting Jelly Bean.