LiquidSmooth is one of the favorites aftermarket firmwares when it comes to update an Android smartphone. Now your Galaxy S3 I9300 can be updated to Android 4.2.2 LiquidSmooth Jelly Bean custom ROM. This guide will explain you how.
RequirementsTo be eligible for the update, your Galaxy S3 should meet some requirements: To have an unlocked handset (no carrier locked), to have a rooted smartphone (meaning that CWM Recovery must be installed on it as well), backup the data on the handset, install the USB Drivers for the device on your PC, fully charge the battery, perform a Dalvik Cache Wipe and turn the USB debugging on.
In order to update your Galaxy S3 I9300 with the Android 4.2.2 LiquidSmooth Jelly Bean custom ROM, you should follow these steps. If you have problems with the upgrading procedure and something goes wrong, you can follow the instructions from this guide, too.
- Download the following files to your PC: Android 4.2.2 LiquidSmooth ROM and GApps package. Once the download is over, connect your Galaxy S3 to your PC using the USB cable supplied with your smartphone.
- When the phone is paired with your PC, copy the files you downloaded in the previous step to the handset's memory card root. When the files have been copied, switch off your smartphone and unplug the the USB cable.
- Now you must enter Recovery Mode. The method for putting the Galaxy S3 to this mode is as follows: With the phone switched off, press and hold Home, Volume Up and Power.
- After a while, you'll get a menu. Use the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons to navigate through the options and the Power Button to select. Use this procedure to do a full data wipe.
- Now select the Flash Firmware from memory card option and select the Android 4.2.2 ROM zip file (from step 1). Wait for the process to complete.
- After you flashed the Android System, repeat the previous procedure to install the Google Apps zip file. Finally, reboot your smartphone and you'll have the LiquidSmooth custom ROM installed.