Don't look any further. Everything you should know about the new Blackberry smartphone is in the manual. From inserting the (removable) battery to navigate through the new Blackberry 10 OS launcher with plenty of gestures for you to learn. This is an exciting moment the born of a new platform, and the new OS looks promising. The User Guide is after the break, get it while its hot and know what all the fuzz is about.
Blackberry knows there won't be many chances left to become a big player in the smartphone arena, and wanted to make sure you don't miss anything when using a Blackberry 10 OS device. The Z10 is quite well dressed also in the software front, providing a comprehensive list of built-in applications, including:
- Contacts: All the contacts from all of your accounts, their updates and your shared activities.
- Browser: View webpages easily using the reader mode, share webpages with your contacts.
- Calendar: All your events in one place, including events you added from your email accounts.
- BBM: Chat in real time by using text or video, and share files with up to 30 BBM contacts.
- Text Messages: Send and receive SMS and MMS messages.
- BlackBerry World: Download, buy, rate, and review apps, games, music, and videos.
- Remember: A productivity app for collecting and categorizing the information.
- Docs To Go: Create, edit, and format Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel spreadsheets. Edit, view, and present Microsoft PowerPoint presentations.
- Pictures: View, edit, and share pictures from the Camera app or saved on your device.
- Music: Share your music with your contacts. Wirelessly play your music on home equipment.
- Videos: View, edit, and share videos that you take with the Camera app or that are saved on your device. Wirelessly play your videos on home entertainment equipment.
- Story Maker: Create and share a movie that you make using pictures, videos, and music.
- Facebook: View your notifications, upload photos and videos, and check in to Places.
- Twitter: Follow the topics that interest you by sending and receiving tweets.
- LinkedIn: Build and connect with your professional network.
- Maps: Search for places, get turn-by-turn directions, and save favorite places.
- Games: Find games to download and play. Challenge your friends to a game.
- YouTube: Share your videos with friends, family, and the world.
- Voice Control: Speak your commands to your phone.
- Clock: Track the time using a world clock, stopwatch, timer, and alarm clock.
- Calculator: Standard and scientific calculator, tip calculator, and unit converter.
- Compass: Navigate using the compass, or connect to satellites to find your location.
- File Manager: View, save, and share files that are stored on your device, on a media card, or on devices or networks that your device is connected to.
- Print To Go: Wirelessly print a variety of files from your computer to your BlackBerry device.
- Smart Tags: Store and create tags that contain text, phone numbers, and links that you can share with others on printed materials or by tapping the backs of your devices together.
- Settings: Change the settings for network, accounts, display, language, and more.
- Adobe Reader: View PDF files on your device and share them with others.
- Phone: Place conference calls, check voice mail, or move a call to BBM Video.
- Camera: Includes front and rear cameras, Time Shift mode to capture the perfect picture.
- Setup: Set up your accounts, personalize your device, and watch tutorials.
- Help: Find out how to do things quickly on your device, read FAQs, and learn tips.
Was this post useful? Find the manual interesting? Please share it with your friends using the following social buttons, or have your say in the comments section below.
Source: Blackberry Z10 User Guide