According to a ZTE internal brochure, the Chinese manufacturer is to fight for a portion of the phablet marketshare, currently dominated by Samsung with their Note smartphones, with a new big slate. ZTE's weapon to enter the 5-inch game is dubbed the N8300 (or V8300 for the CDMA version) and -apparently- it might be a global product (available in all markets).
Following are the specifications of the new V8300 smartphone (or should I say phablet) from ZTE:
- Processor: MSM8225 (N8300); MSM8625 (V8300) @ 1.2 Ghz (Dual Core)
- Operating System: OS Android 4.0
- Display: 5 inch
- Memory: 512MB RAM + 4GB ROM
- Dimensions: 143 mm x 762 mm x 10.1 mm
- Network: GSM (N8300); CDMA/EVDO (V8300)
- Camera: 5 MP (back); 1.3 MP (front)
- Battery: 2500 mAh
Specifications are nowhere high-end, so I expect this handset would compete with the Samsung Galaxy Note by price. If priced competitively, it may have a chance with people wanting a Note on the cheap.
What do you think? Will the ZTE N8300 suit you? Please have your say in the comments section below.